Tuesday, May 31, 2011

34 Weeks

Hello, Hello!  No, this is not our baby in the picture.  This past weekend, we went to Denver to go and see our family and our lovely new little niece.  Let me tell you - little Macy Rae is such a peanut.  Weighing in at a whopping 7lbs, 2oz, she's hardly the size of my foot!  The moment I saw Scott hold our fragile little niece, my heart melted.  I don't think I could tell him this to his face, seeing as though I'm an emotional disaster right now, so in case he's reading this....I'll spare you all my tears.

*pause*

Lori and Addison let me take some pictures of them and here's two of my favorites.   I particularly like that the 2nd shot of her in the birdbath took about 100 shots to get, since she was awake the entire time we were taking these pictures.  I'm glad I have a camera equipped with continuous shooting.  She is so precious - well, so is the whole dang family.  Congrats and we can't wait to join the parents' club!




I owe you a wives' tale.  Today, I started my last semester teaching before the baby comes and one of my students said "show me your hands."  I looked at him awkwardly, as I think that he's going to slap them, but I show him my hands palms UP.  He states "It's a girl."

Now, for those of you who don't know my students, I need the research to back up some of the things that they say...so I checked my book.  Sure enough, and Dooley can verify, I showed my hands palm side up, which means that I am going to be having a GIRL.

Girl - 18
Boy -  13

No comments:

Post a Comment