Sunday, May 22, 2011

33 Weeks

So, for the last week, I think Scott has been very eager for this baby to pop.  On Thursday, the 2nd of the 3 Scheider babies popped out and we are the only ones left.  Sad Christmas, I know, but this little turkey is not quite done baking.  Although...the turkey temperature meter (aka - my belly button) has popped and I'm starting to feel some contractions.  By the way - if the Braxton Hicks contractions are anything like the real ones, sign me up for the epidural - I know this sounds wussy...I'm just preparing myself for the worst.  Some of them feel like my belly tightening up and some of them feel like the baby has equipped their hand with a Freddy Kruger glove and is stabbing me from the inside out.  Creepy thought, I know.

So, for this week's OWT, we are going to take a look at music.  The OWT originated centuries ago in Vienna and has to do with music.  Typically, I listen to a lot of Country music and one of my favorite guilty pleasures is singing at the top of my lungs in the car, looking (and sounding) like a fool to anyone around me.  Now, Supposedly, a baby GIRL "dances" when she hears music and a baby BOY will keep still and just listen.  Now, when a good song comes on and I simply can't resist, the baby starts kicking like crazy and doing flips and dances choreographed by Carrie Underwood.  Yes, this could have second meaning - such as I'm a terrible singer and the baby is trying to get me to shut the freek up, but I'll pretend it's because my voice (and good ol' Country) is music to our baby's ears.  GIRL.

Girl - 17
Boy - 13

No comments:

Post a Comment