So this week, Scott and I decided to take a "babymoon" to the wonderful, blustery cold, city of Chicago. I'll post some pictures, one of which you're bound to get a kick out of. There are lots of different things that I decided:
1. I still love cheeseburgers (Kopp's up in MKE last night was pretty spectacular).
2. Chicago Hot-Dogs are a close running for my second favorite food right now, sans the peppers d/t the limited availability of Tums.
3. Deep dish pizza from Giordano's is still pretty amazing, whether it's hot or cold, AND it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
4. The baby loves Science (you'll see a picture soon of this).
5. My husband is still the sweetest man ever.
6. Garrett popcorn (particularly the pecan-carmel) is also pretty spectacular.
With that being said, I owe you a wives' tale today, despite the fact that I have 2 very exhausted dachshunds sleeping on my lap and I can barely keep my eyes open from exhaustion (we also spent 3 days with our favorite nieces who tuckered us out). So, this one is for my Mom. I really hope she doesn't get upset that I noticed this...
The Grandmother's influence is a "Gray" area for this one. If the Maternal Grandmother has gray hair, natural or dyed, the Mother will deliver a BOY and if the Maternal Grandmother has another hair color (other than gray), the Mother will deliver a GIRL.
Seeing as though I just visited with my lovely Mother this morning and noticed that she's a day or two overdue for a dye-job, we'll just say that I'm going to deliver a BOY and leave it at that. I had a pretty wonderful time and it was hard to say goodbye to my family, particularly my brother since the next time he sees me, I'll have a little one of my own.
Girl - 8
Boy - 9