Sunday, March 20, 2011

24 Weeks

Ahhh, the nursery planning has started.  We have the spare bedroom all cleared out and my husband has painted over the sage green portion of the room.   We went searching high and low for different goodies to add a little bit of character and the nursery is quickly turning into a DIY project.  We finally invested in our Pottery Barn Kids chair that Scott is in love with (goodbye tax return) and found some pretty eclectic stuff to give us some ideas.  First project: make your own lamps.  Stay tuned to the blog for outcomes...or tears.  I don't have a whole lot to say today, which is rare for me, my husband got me a prenatal massage and a preggo pillow on Friday to help me sleep better (such a sweet man) and then last night, we went out with some friends of ours to dinner and some bars to sing watch people sing karaoke.  It's amazing how many stares you get at 1am when you're in a bar, in heels, with a big belly.

So, the OWT for today (I have 2).  I've been chatting quite a bit with Lori (my sister-in-law) and she's been telling me how out of breath she is lately and comparatively, I'm not really experiencing a whole lot of shortness of breath.  However, I just seem to breathe a little heavier.  In the handy-dandy OWT book, the book states that if Mom notices that breathing is more difficult since pregnancy, a BOY is on the way.  If Mom is breathing free and clear, a GIRL is growing in her belly.  Since I'm not huffing and puffing, I'll call this one a GIRL.

Now, this OWT is not in the book per-say, but I have heard of it before.  Kids have an uncanny ability to predict the sex of the baby in an expectant Mother's belly.  Last night, we hung out with Corinne, a fabulous 2 1/2 year old who put her hand on my belly and when asked if it's a girl or a boy, she said GIRL without any hesitation.

Boy - 10
Girl - 10

2 comments:

  1. Is it fair to say you aren't breathing more heavily/harder to breathe? Isn't Lori due before you? Maybe just more pressure on her lungs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's been having a hard time throughout. She hasn't worked out for a few months (since she was early in her 5th month).

    ReplyDelete