Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 1

Wow.

Those three little letters sum up the slew of emotions that I've had over the last 8 days.  Really, these last 8 days have gone by so fast and I don't even know where time has gone.  Baby Elliott Mae Scheider was born last Friday, July 8th at 12:34pm, weighing in 1 week early at a whopping 8lbs, 20inches.  Needless to say, Maternal Instinct won out in the end.  Even to the minute of delivery, when my Doctor asked as she was pulling her out "Dad, what did you say?" and he replied eagerly "BOY!" and then she asked me and said "Mom, what did you say?" and I replied sternly, "GIRL."  She then said, "Well, Mom wins."  That's when Scott and I lost it.  I saw the tears well up in his eyes and I thought that the Doctor was lying to me.  I simply said "Really?" and Scott simply said,  "She's perfect."  And our lives changed forever.

I should have listened to my friend's advice regarding recovery from a C-section.  Take. It. Slow. (Thanks, Robyn), but alas, I did not and hindered my recovery a few days by working myself and my body into pure exhaustion.  But, oh well.  Needless to say, I am now off a clear liquid diet, keeping down my meals, eating a nice, balanced diet so I can provide for the little one (which could be a whole other blog entry in itself!).  I won't go into the details of the delivery, or the narcotics that were needed the first 4 days.  In the end, Scott and I were blessed with a perfect little bundle.

She sleeps about 4-5 hours at a time (I know, right?) and is growing like a weed.  I can't wait to work up the energy to take some pictures to share with you....but for now, I will leave you with this one.  It's my favorite so far.

Enjoy the new blog and the adventures of the first few weeks/months/years!

2 comments:

  1. congrats! i also knew i was having a girl and have LOVED all your OWT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her name! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete