Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Things I Know

Time sure flies, there's no doubt about that.  Now, baby Elliott is nearing her 3rd week in this world, and I am absolutely amazed.  I can't believe she is getting so big and so personable.  She looks at me now, and her Daddy with utter amusement, smiling here and there, not to mention she smiles when she poops and you're holding her.  I've been lucky enough to catch some of the smiles on camera and lucky enough to not catch any poop on my clothes.  I have, however, been peed on and thrown up on, both of which are likely not stopping anytime soon.  I can only hope that Scott gets to experience this as some point.

I took my chance at taking newborn photos by myself - would I do it again, yes...I suppose I would, considering I think they turned out pretty darn good.  Note to self, if you want pictures of your newborn outside, don't have a baby in Arizona in July.  Here's one of my favorite shots (after which she peed all over the blanket):


I have some super awesome editing software that makes the photo look semi-professional, it's all a matter of catching the right smile.  I think I may look into a photography class sometime in the near future to occupy my time as a stay at home mom.  If you like what you see - check out www.paintthemoon.net/blog to see how you can get your own.

There are some things that I've noticed about baby E in her first few weeks of life:

-She hates her pacifier, except when there's nothing else to do but hold her and try and keep her calm, even then, she spits it out.  This is a good thing, since I hate pacifiers too.

-Her witching hour(s) last about 2 hours total and usually occurs at or around 10pm.  After which, she sleeps about 4-5 hours.  The witching hour(s) is(are) not a myth.  It does exist.

-She has her Daddy's feet.

-And his tree trunk legs.

-She has my lips.

-She is a perfect mix of the both of us, she has a very calm temperament and she is one of the easiest babies to take care of.

-She is growing like a weed and is an eating machine.

-She loves Mom's milk and she's getting plenty of it.  I should have named her Chunk, she does a pretty darn good Truffle Shuffle after she eats.

-She now weighs well over 8lbs and has grown over an inch since she was born.

Things that I've noticed about myself:

-I can function on 2 hours of sleep.

-I can produce enough milk to feed a cow, and my Mom should have named me Bessie.

-I hope that she has Daddy's eyes, since I melt each time I look into his, it would be better to see them on her too.

-I'm sad that Elliott won't be my little girl for very much longer.

-My heart melts every time she grabs my hand.

-We have one sweet baby girl.

1 comment: