Monday, April 18, 2011

28 Weeks

It's good to be home.  I was in Dallas for the good part of last week, so it was difficult writing a blog without a computer.  A few things that I've come to notice is that when traveling, I am quite a bit more irritable.  Let's just say that for the most part, I was not a happy camper and if I had the choice, I'd probably never fly Frontier Airlines again.  BUT, since I now have a $200 credit, I guess I have to give it another shot.

So things this week.  I'll bullet them for you

1.  It's gone from the question of "Are you pregnant?" or "Have you gained weight?" to "When are you due?"  Now, for those of you who don't see me on a regular basis - it has gotten 100% obvious that I have something growing in my belly that has 10 fingers and 10 toes and a human genome.

2.  The baby has earned a new nickname.  I was in Dallas with some Docs this past week and I was sitting in a session and my belly started to move.  You know when you are driving and your window is wide open and you run your hand up and down through the wind like a sine-wave?  Well, when you're sitting in a room with a bunch of medical people and they can actually see your belly - they start to talk.  One of them said "it looks like the lock-ness monster in your belly!"  Hereby knighting the baby "Nessie" for the duration of the pregnancy.

3.  The baby used to be called Popper - if you didn't know - and the above nickname is of relief to me as every time someone says "Popper" I think of the lead singer from Blues Traveler, swooning and sweating in my belly, hiding behind my uterus singing the song "Run Around."

4.  No, number 3 is not a pretty picture.

5.  I've upgraded to biweekly doctor appointments

6.  I was brought back to my childhood today when I had to do my Glucose Tolerance test and had to drink a bottle of old-school Triaminic and sit and wait and have my blood drawn.  Stay tuned for the pending results...I know, I can hardly take the suspense myself.  I also had to get my Rh shot today, since I'm a negative person.  O Negative.

7.  My uterus has turned into one of these:


I wish there was a blog about trips to the bathroom.  So, if you know of one, please let me know.  

This week, I'll do another one about sleeping.  Since that's all I want to do lately and the Germans say that a GIRL will make you want to sleep more than you did before.  But a BOY won't make you so sleepy.  Also, since I always want to sleep on my Right side, they also say that a GIRL is favored.  

Girl - 14
Boy - 11

No comments:

Post a Comment