Monday, January 30, 2012

66 Minutes

Day 1 - 66 minutes of straight crying.

Day 2 - 5 minutes of straight crying.

We're getting there.

So, one of my friends at work said that you can break any habit in 3 days.  3 long days.  3 grueling days.  She gave me the idea of 5 minute increments.  First, go in after 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 15 minutes...and so on and so forth.  The first night, we lasted into the 25 minute increment and had 19 minutes to spare.  After 2 minutes of silence, I walked in to her room, where she was lying on her belly (she NEVER sleeps on her belly) and huffling and sniffling her way to sleep.  That broke my heart.  After that, she slept until about 600am.  Meanwhile, I cleaned up my pillows and comforter I had outside of her door so I could pretend that she was thinking I'm still a good mother while I let her lay there in misery.

This morning, she woke up at 4am, cried for 5 minutes, we went in, turned on her friends, and she went back to sleep until 630am.

She's getting there.  Any suggestions to send our way, you know where to find us.

I will let you know how this third day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment