Friday, August 12, 2011

5 Weeks

Oh my stars, I can't believe my little girl is 5 weeks old today.  She's growing like a weed!  She's already about 10lbs (on my scale - which lies all the time, so accuracy is not guaranteed) and 24 inches long.  She's already 2 feet tall.  My goodness.

So, things are going well, Operation: Keep Ellie Awake All Day is slowly getting underway.  My problem is - I love watching her sleep, and I love watching her sleep on me.  She's so adorable, I know that I am impartial since it's my child...but seriously...adorable.  Things to help keep her awake include:

Her squishy elephant
Anything that makes noise
Her reflection in the mirror
Dad singing
Toddlers and Tiaras
Doggie kisses
Mom yelling at the dogs

Things that put her to sleep:

The SOOTHIE pacifier (which she only takes if she's nearly full and fussy and there's no other solution - she refuses any other brand)
Uncle Joe's Blanket
Keeping up with the Kardashians (puts me to sleep too)
Rocking in the chair
Her Carseat

She sleeps for about 1-2 hour naps during the day (we try this at least) and then 5-6 hour stretches still with our routine (woohoo!).  I can't tell how the doggies feel about her yet, she just kinda lies there and Sarge will be the curious one and Tank wants nothing to do with her (however, when I got up to get some cereal this morning, I returned to the couch to find them both lying next to her).  Either way, they are overall handling the adjustment pretty well, except for their significantly louder barking.  She's a sound sleeper and she could sleep through a Mack truck coming through the living room wall if she's in this position:



Now if only I can get her to do it for 7 hours straight...I told you, adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment